Your Passport Renewal Reminders
Venturing outside of Canada any time soon? First thing’s first. Make sure your passport is valid! It’s a step people often overlook. Did you know if you’re within six months of your renewal date you may be denied entry into certain countries? There are a few other things our CAA Travel Professionals want you to remember about your passport and renewals:
- NEW REGULATION: The pair of passport photos you submit with your application must not be older than six months. Drop by your CAA Store to pick up your application forms and have your photos taken.
- The amount of time it takes to receive your new passport varies on how you apply. In person at a passport office you’ll wait 10 business days, in person with a Service Canada or Canada Post receiving agent takes 20 business days and by mail you’re also looking at 20 business days. Be sure to give yourself plenty of time before you leave to get your application in.
- If you do have to rush your passport, make sure you find an office that can do this for you. Remember additional fees will apply.
- The renewal form to complete for children ages 0-15 is different than the form for applicants 16+. Ensure you’re filling out the correct paperwork.
- Canadians now have the option of applying for a six-year OR 10-year passport! The latter is more expensive but a great way to save you some hassle in the long run.
Did you know CAA Plus and Premier Members are eligible to receive one FREE pair of passport photos with your Membership? Classic Members will receive 50% OFF regular price. Drop by your CAA Store to have your photo taken and processed on-the-spot!