Travel is Good for the Soul
Is travel really good for the soul? We’ve asked around and the answer is an unequivocal “Yes!”
by Tina Richardson
Travel – it’s good for the soul! So they say, but I didn’t fully understand this concept for years, or (more accurately) never gave it much thought. I just knew that travel made me feel good and that was reason enough to do it.
But after so many wonderful experiences and lots of travel dollars spent it’s clearer to me now more than ever why people say that it does a soul so much good to get out and about.
I’ve realized that there’s nothing like seeing the world anew to nurture the soul. It’s why I love travel and why I continue to make it a priority in my life. I know I’m not alone in this, so I asked a few friends why they love to travel and here’s what they said:
- “It’s the experience and seeing how other people live, and I can’t help but think, “What would my life be like if I lived here?”
- - Sue M.
- “New experiences, new culture and FOOD - I’m a big foodie! And history, of course. There is something uniquely special about seeing places with my own eyes that I had only previously read about.”
- - Gosma B.
- “My first overseas trip was meant to be an escape; it turned out to be an adventure! I discovered I wanted to experience what I had read about in books and seen in photos: history, culture, traditions, food and drink, scenery. Travel challenges me, takes me out of my comfort zone, enriches me with new friendships, fills me with wonderful memories and gratitude. (Even business travel can have its surprises: how many can say they "cruised" with John Travolta, albeit on the Toronto Island Airport Ferry!)”
- - Maria P.
- “visiting the places, but most of all meeting the people.”
- - Kerri P.
- “Visiting fascinating countries (food, languages, scenery) but above all meeting wonderful and fun people and creating lasting and special friendships.”
- - Joanne L.
- “Because it promotes world peace. I believe it is impossible to travel without changing your perspective on the everyday things in your life that you otherwise take for granted.”
- - David C.
- “To experience new things in life, new cultures and see how other people live. This really makes me appreciate where I live, and I feel very lucky.”
- - William S.
- “I love to challenge myself with things I wouldn’t normally do at home like zip-lining, navigating unfamiliar routes alone. And learning the customs and history of a new country enriches my life in tremendous ways, and really makes me appreciate what I have at home.”
- - Carmy C.
- “Travel gets me away from the humdrum of daily life and allows me to explore the wonder of our world.There is so much to learn and experience.”
- - Lynn H.
No matter which way you slice and dice it, travel is powerful. And it warms our hearts every day to plan new and exciting experiences. So, where to next?
CAA’s Solo Traveller Club is going to Sicily! Join us as we venture off on our very own quest to see spectacular Mt. Etna, stopping along the way to experience the sights, smells and tastes of this beautiful island. Click here for more details.
To learn more about our Solo Traveller Club, visit caaneo.ca/solo or call us at 1.855.402.4636.
Never miss a beat, sign up for our Solo Traveller Club newsletter.