Getting Roadside Help
CAA Roadside Assistance is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Your local emergency telephone numbers are listed on the back of your Membership card.
- For service in the Ottawa area, call (613) 820-1400.
- For service outside of the Metro Ottawa area and all other areas in North and East Ontario, call this toll free number: 1-800-CAA-HELP (222-4357).
- When outside CAA North & East Ontario Club Territory, call 1-800-CAA-HELP (222-4357).
Be prepared before you call Roadside Assistance
Please have the following information available:
- Your CAA Membership number and photo ID
- Your name
- The apparent problem with vehicle (e.g. vehicle won't start, stuck, flat tire, lockout, etc.)
- Vehicle make, model, year and colour
- Vehicle license plate number (must have a valid sticker)
- Exact location of the vehicle (address and nearest cross street) or the point of safety you're calling from (telephone number if possible)
Return to the vehicle or to the agreed upon meeting place to wait for the service person's arrival. Present your valid Membership card, the driver may ask to see photo identification as well. The service person is not permitted to charge the Club unless the Member has a valid personal Membership card in his/her possession. You, the Member, must be with the car in order to receive service.
Once you have placed your call for Roadside Assistance, track your driver online for live updates with our Service Tracker